Sunday, May 24, 2009

In Bloom for Week of May 24, 2009

As I was headed into my grandfather's woods the other day an older man named Paul stopped me. Turns out he wanted to make sure I wasn't trespassing. Once we got that straightened out, we had a conversation that was very helpful to me. He's been living in the valley for over 40 years, and now I know these delicate white blossoms are thimbleberry blossoms.


And these pink ones are salmonberry.


While the thimbleberry blooms only last about 4 days, the blooms keep opening up on the branch. They'd be really special for the right event, but I love them just on my kitchen windowsill.

And here's a shot of where these and the ferns come from. A pretty enchanted forest if you ask me!



1 Comments:

Blogger johnimer said...

the berries are delicious, too!

May 28, 2009 at 4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home